iHUMAN is more than just a label. It is about committing to optimal quality manufacturing associated with the latest advanced technologies. Taking into account the numerous challenges involved by small volume frames iHUMAN has developed 7 patents to achieve the Pocket series concept.
Seeing really is believing, thin enough to fit in your pocket next to your smart phone.
To meet the many challenges imposed by a smaller size, iHUMAN developed seven patents that led to the design of PocketSerie:
- Retractable frame:for minimum bulk.
- FlexiSolid® temple technology:an alloy of copper, aluminium, beryllium, manganese and tungsten.
- Serrated pin hinges:for smoother movements and self-adjustment.
- Micrometric embedded hinges:for an extremely slim, ultra-resistant design.
- Offset temple tips:for greater comfort.
- Weight distribution technology, the weight transferred across the frame:to ensure lightness.
- Multibase bridge:for support.
Months of research and development and the integration of innovative technologies allowed iHUMAN to produce the unique characteristics of the Offlimit series.
The very first rubber-metal glasses on the market, the OffLimit series was created by iHUMAN to provide extreme flexibility and strength.
You set your glasses down for a few seconds in the wrong place and an accident happens: the frame is distorted, bent or broken. All glasses wearers have at some time experienced this situation.
EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE AND ULTRA RESISTANT
The OffLimit series comes in three versions, each available in several shapes and 3 to 5 different colours:
- BUSINESS:front in UHP®-punched metal and temples in Cordan®.
- IRON:structure entirely in Cordan® with offset temples.
- SPORTS DESIGN:temples in Cordan® and front in Aélon®, a new plastic with a silky feel, strong and at the same time extremely light.
STRONG YET LIGHT
At the heart of the outstanding qualities of the OffLimit series, Cordan® technology, developed and patented by iHUMAN.
The combination of a FlexiSolid® body and stainless steel core makes for a highly flexible yet resistant frame that can withstand the toughest impacts and take all sorts of bending and twisting. Moreover, as this material does not have any mechanical parts, it
allows the design of particularly slim temples and hinges, eliminating the problems caused by wear and repetitive movements.
Although the word ‘strong’ is usually associated with notions of ‘sturdy’ and ‘heavy’, the OffLimit series offers unsurpassed lightness.
A study into the position of the frame’s centre of gravity allowed iHUMAN to better distribute the weight. On the IRON version, the temples are placed on a more central axis than usual. The glasses offer such a feeling of unexpected comfort and lightness that you will hardly notice you are wearing them.
Visit us in Store this November to discover this incredible series of frames.